Adolf Hitler, the name is not an alien one. He is perhaps one of the most(un)popular figures in the history. Every one knows about him. But there are certain things about him that not everyone knows. Let us delve into those today. He is one fascinating figures that haunts the minds of the curious.
Did You Know Even Adolf Hitler Once Sold Postcards For A Living??
- No amount of love for Germany can make him German by the virtue of birth. Although he was the dictator of Germany he himself was born in Braunau am Inn, Austria in the year 1889.
- Out of the five siblings that Hitler had, only one, Paula, could survive childhood. The other four died during childhood. He had a step brother and a step sister too.
- Hitler failed to woo the Jewish woman he loved.
- “Adi” was the nickname Hitler had during his youth.
- He disliked to use any form of cologne or perfume on his body.
- Hitler refused to grow his moustache in the contemporary fashion. He even thought that his style of moustache would become a fashion because he wore it.
- Do you remember seeing him in a picture without wearing a coat. Whatever the temperature may be Hitler would never take his coat off!
- Hitler did not exercised except for a walk that he would occasionally took.
- He had no great interest in sports. Yes, but he did loved circus and would often visit one to enjoy. He would often send flowers and chocolates to the women performers in the circus and even knew their names and would enquire about them and the well being of their families if they ever met with an accident.
- Hitler endeavoured to be an artist! Yes Hitler wanted to be an artist and for that he even applied for admission at the Vienna Academy of Arts twice but failed to get in.
- The four years Hitler spent living on street, he sold postcards made of his very own artwork for a living.
- Hitler used to pace frequently in the rooms. This he did while whistling the same tune every time and going about diagonally in the room, from one corner to the other.
- An view of the handwriting of Hitler made the well known psychologist Carl Jung say, “Behind this handwriting I recognise the typical characteristics of a man with essentially feminine instinct.”
- Hitler would see a movie every night at his private theatre. These mainly were foreign films and were banned for German public to see. He liked some Jewish comedians and singers and would often enjoy their work but would remark negatively about some in the end.